Recently I’ve become hooked on reading urban fantasy novels and anthologies. My problem is that I stumbled into this fascinating genre via Jim Butcher’s awesome Dresden Files series and I had never even heard the term “urban fantasy” before. I tried Googling for urban fantasy recommendations and didn’t find a whole lot out there. So I figured that I would create my own blog for reviewing the books that I’ve read and asking people if they had any suggestions for similar books.
Like I said, I’ve been real into urban fantasy lately, but I also like some mystery, some action/adventure and even some history books. So I’ll have a little bit of everything on my site eventually.
Just a bit of miscellany before I get started:
- I am not looking for any reviews, recommendations or raves about the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I realize that I may piss off a horde of teenage fan girls out there, but I personally found the series dull. I’m sorry but vampires do not sparkle.
- I do like Harry Potter. I adore Harry Potter. I’m obsessed with Harry Potter. I’m sure I’ll get around to writing a review for those books eventually but since they are so popular, I’m sure I don’t need to recommend them to many people out there at this point.
- I do not own any of the titles, characters, author’s names etc I may mention here. I’m not making any money off of this (though I would love to if I could).
- I don’t care if you don’t agree with what I say, that’s your prerogative, however, please try to be civil in your posts and I’ll try and be civil in my responses.
- I have read a lot of books and I would like to review most, if not all, of them eventually. This means I may have to re-read them, so if new posts take a while, that’s why.
And now…to the show!